Thursday, August 9, 2012

Drugstore Haul!

~I always end up walking into a Shoppers Drug Mart with the intention of stocking up for products just this once, but end up walking out of the store an hour later with a bag in each hand!

Keep reading to find out what I got!

Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lipstick in Coral Luster

This particular formula is hydrating and doesn't leave my lips dry. It's also sheer yet buildable and has a lasting power of an average lipstick. I find this colour to be very attractive on a variety of skin tones as it is buildable and a perfect summer, maybe even an early fall colour, if sheered out!
Around $8

 Garnier Fructis Style Curl Construct Mousse (Extra Strong Hold)
 I have not tried out this product, but will do a review along with the other Garnier product.
Around $4

Around $4
Garnier Fructis Style Curl Calm Down Anti-frizz Cream

I have not tried this product out yet but am hoping it will calm down my frizzy curls! Will keep you guys updated with a full-on review in the near future. 
Around $5
Revlon Nail polish in the colour minted which has a self-descriptive name and is a perfect mint colour with a not so perfect formulation. I am not a big fan of the formulation as it took me over 3 coats to get the perfect colour which is something I can still deal with. But the bubbles in the polish ruined my mood and the overall feel for this polish :(

I will come back to it and give it another go but as of now I'm advice you to try out all the other wonderful, more hassle-free formulations out there!

I have also handled a sample of a KIBIO Hydrating Masque and have been impressed with it so far! I apply a tiny amount onto my face before bed and I wake up with clearer, more hydrated looking skin! As far as I know, they are only available at Shoppers Drug Mart but are also sold online. Nonetheless, I will definitely be grabbing this on my next trip to Shoppers!

Free sample from Shoppers Drug Mart

I also picked up a Suave Shampoo since I wanted to save a couple bucks and try out a cheaper, yet reputable brand.  In all honesty, Suave does the trick of "cleaning" my hair and scalp.

Around $3

My last product is now a new HG hair product and it is the Biosilk Therapy Serum.
Around $23
This serum calms down my frizz and gives my hair that shine without weighing it down or making it feel greasy! It is similar to the CHI Silk Infusion, though I find the Infusion to weigh down my hair a tad bit. This serum from Biosilk is heavenly and even though it is a little pricey at around $23, it will last you a long time! A little drop goes a long way and so far is the only product out of the 37837 I've tried that actually does the trick of calming down my curls!

Well this is it for my haul, by no means am I trying to brag and bla di ad i a da. You've heard it before! :P I enjoy looking at what other people have picked up and thought it'd be nice to share what I get once in a while.

Will be back with more posts and promise to remain consistent as back-to-school season arrives; yes I know I hate it too when 27382373 people all talk about it at the same time!

Stay you know, beautiful ;) xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment